Monday, February 21, 2011

The Right Time

Roger Zelzany wrote a book called A Night in the Lonesome October, having to do with events leading up to a Halloween on which the second full moon of the month rises.  A group of iconic characters come together for a specific purpose.  You see, that's when the time is right.

And now is the time that is right for me.

In 2005, I started back to school.  Got my Associate's Degree and moved on to Washington State Vancouver for my Bachelor's (still in progress).  On the first day of this year, I walked away from my job of 8.5 years.

Since then, I have gotten my first paying client as a web designer (Oregon Organization Development Network).  That led me to get my own domain (http://www.hexagonaldesigns.com/), and start the process of getting business licenses.  I am learning graphic design, my first foray into visual art.  I have designed logos both for myself and for classes.

I even have a decent resume for the first time in my life, thanks to Christine Lundeen, career counselor at WSUV.

I just wish that my time was quite as dramatically perfect as a Lonesome October.

No comments: